Barbara Kuchar has more than 25 years of experience in intellectual property law, IT law and complex litigation. She was a partner in two prestigious Austrian commercial law firms before taking over as head of the IP department at KWR in 2015. In the course of her career, she also gained experience abroad, as a location manager in Budapest and at one of the largest commercial law firms in Dublin.
- Barbara Kuchar is recognised as a leading expert in the field of intellectual property by numerous legal directories.
- Barbara Kuchar has an excellent global network in her field and works on an ongoing basis as part of international teams for many of the world's best-known trademark owners.
- The work of KWR partner Barbara Kuchar and her team is described in the current JUVE ranking as "competent, fast, and uncomplicated", "technically very well versed" and "...meticulous and of outstanding quality".
- ‘Barbara Kuchar is a known individual in the market! She is very diligent, smart and responsive. I like involving her for all sorts of IP matters for our big clients!’ (Legal 500 2022)
Functions and other activities
- Member of the Austrian Association for the Protection of Industrial Property and Copyright, GRUR, DGRI, INTA (current: Commercialization of Brands Committee, former Chair of Unfair Competition Committees 2020-2022), PTMG, ECTA, LES
- Barbara Kuchar regularly publishes on current topics in professional media and speaks at national and international conferences.
List of publications by Barbara Kuchar
Intellectual Property Law (trademarks, designs, patents and copyright), Unfair Competition, Advertising Law, IT and Software Contract Law, E-commerce and General Terms and Conditions, Protection of Trade Secrets, Franchise and Licensing Law, Data Protection, Litigation in these areas
Universität Wien (Mag.iur. 1991), Bar exam with honours (1997)
German, English, Italian, French